- “you” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting Our Terms and Conditions and
- “your” and “yourself” has a corresponding meaning.
- “we” and “us”, refers to Down Syndrome Australia, and any member states or territories of the Down Syndrome Australia Federation and “our” and “ourselves” has a corresponding meaning.
- “Party”, “parties”, or “us”, refers to both you and us, or either you or us (as may be applicable in the context).
- “Act” means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- “Personal information” includes personal information and sensitive information and has the same meaning as in the Act.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We collect information from you when you fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your personal details, such as your name, e-mail address or phone number.
If you or your organisation is subject to privacy laws and you provide information to us about someone else, you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that information under the Australian Privacy Principles incorporated in the Act, without us taking further steps to make sure your disclosure is compliant.
As most website owners and operators do, we may also trac usage patterns on our website on an anonymous aggregate basis. Each time you visit our website, a web server makes a record of your visit.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used for one or more of the functions and activities connected to the operations of Down Syndrome Australia, and any member states or territories of the Down Syndrome Australia Federation, including in the following ways:
- To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve our services: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your service requests and support needs.
- To promote events, products and services and in conducting our marketing activities
All of our direct marketing communications contain a facility whereby you can opt out of receiving future communications. You may also at any time separately request not to receive direct marketing communications from us. We will comply with any request to unsubscribe as soon as reasonably possible.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information and maintain a high level of computer and network security.
Yes. When you visit our website, our server attaches a small data file called a "cookie" to your computer's memory, which will store aggregate (anonymous) non-sensitive information on how people use our website. We do not link this information to your identity or to any other information provided by you.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.