Event Entry Terms and Conditions
StepUP! for Down Syndrome
Registration for “StepUP! for Down Syndrome” (“Event”), to be hosted on various dates during September and October 2019 (“Event Day”) by the State and Territory members of Down Syndrome Australia (“Event Organiser”) is deemed acceptance of these entry terms.
- Registration is not transferable and is only valid for the person whose name and address details are listed in the registration form. All registrants acknowledge any attempt to transfer a registration or allow another person to participate in the Event under the registrant’s name without the Event Organiser’s knowledge may void any applicable insurance.
- Each registrant acknowledges insurance may be in place that may provide limited cover to registrants while they are participating in the Event. Registrants understand this insurance will not cover them for all personal injuries, death and/or damage sustained during the Event. Registrants also acknowledge they may be able to, in their own interests and at their own expense, seek and obtain personal insurance in addition to any cover provided by the Event Organiser.
- Each registrant acknowledges participation in the Event can be inherently dangerous and they are exposed to certain risks during the Event, including personal injury, death and/or property damage/property loss resulting from their participation, including, overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, serious accidents and weather conditions.
- Each registrant acknowledges they will be, at the time of the Event, medically and physically fit for the Event and unaware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability or impairment which may cause personal injury, death and/or property damage to them or anyone else while participating in the Event.
- Each registrant accepts all risks of participating despite their medical and/or physical condition and forever releases and indemnifies to the fullest extent permitted by law the Event Organiser, Event volunteers; the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; their related bodies corporate and their officers, employees, members and/or contractors and any other person from and against all claims, loss (including consequential loss) and/or costs (including legal costs), whether or not legal proceedings are instituted, irrespective of the means, manner and/or nature of any settlement or determination arising directly and/or indirectly out of, and/or in connection with, the registrant’s participation in the Event, including any Event competitions and/or prize draws.
- If the release and indemnity provisions as stated in clause 6 are determined to be void, each registrant forever releases and indemnifies the Event Organiser, Event volunteers; the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; their related bodies corporate and their officers, employees, members and/or contractors against all death or personal injury claims arising out of the registrant’s participation in the Event.
- Each registrant consents to receiving any medical treatment, including ambulance transportation, the Event Organiser considers desirable during or after the Event. In the event of an emergency, the registrant authorizes their personal details to be shared with appropriate parties, including, but not limited to, the Event Organiser and medical staff. The Event Organiser and/or Event Manager has the right to contact the registrant as they consider necessary or desirable during or after the Event.
- Each registrant acknowledges their registration fee is not refundable.
- Should a registrant not attend for any reason or the Event is cancelled or changed by the Event Organiser due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Event Organiser such as bad weather or for safety reasons, the registration fee is not refundable
- Each registrant acknowledges that they have sole responsibility for their personal possessions and equipment during the Event and related activities. The Event Organiser is not liable for any damaged/lost goods.
- Each registrant consents to, without being compensated in any way, the publication and/or use in any form of media and marketing whatsoever by the Event Organiser of their name, image, voice, statements and photographs and films of them taken by the Event Organiser or its contractors, in any context pertaining to the Event or otherwise before, during or after the Event for advertising, promotions or otherwise.
- If a registrant is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must accept and agree to the terms in the waiver for their child/children/subjects. The parent/guardian is also responsible for the health and safety of their child/children/subjects of guardianship at all times.
- All registrants acknowledge they will abide by any reasonable directions issued by the Event Organiser and the Police.
- All registrants acknowledge that the Event Organiser may remove the registrant from the Event area and/or exclude the registrant from participation in the Event:
a) if the registrant’s behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive;
b) to prevent damage to any property;
c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to the registrant or any other person), or (b) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
- The Event Organiser may collect personal information about registrants, including the information they provide upon registration. The Event Organiser collects this information for the purpose of processing registrations, providing services to registrants, providing registrants with information about other services the Event Organiser offers that may be of interest to registrants (“Secondary Purposes”), facilitating the Event Organiser’s internal business operations, including the fulfillment of any legal requirements, and analysing the Event Organiser’s services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
- At any time registrants may notify the Event Organiser they do not want the Event Organiser to use their personal information for Secondary Purposes by contacting the Event Organiser by emailing email@example.com. Please allow a reasonable time for your preference to be implemented.
- The registrant acknowledges the Event Organiser will be entering his or her personal details contained on the registration form into a database which will be used for the administration of the event, including to email event information to them.
- If the personal information registrants provide to the Event Owner or Event Organiser is incomplete and/or inaccurate, the Event Organiser may be unable to process their registration and/or be unable to provide registrants with the services they are seeking.
- Registrants that register online will be asked if they wish to fundraise towards their State or Territory Down Syndrome Association by setting up a Fundraising page. By doing this the registrant grants to the Event Organiser the right to transfer their name, email and phone number to the Fundraising event page where they can then begin fundraising.
Yes I have read, understood and accept the entry terms to the 2019 Event. By accepting these terms.